The Liberty Godparent Home (LGH) is a residential maternity home providing housing, education, medical care, and counseling for single, pregnant young women. LGH understands that women in crisis pregnancy situations face emotional, financial, legal, physical, and social hardships. By helping them deal with the difficulties, the LGH offers the necessary support to meet their needs.
We seek to fulfill our philosophy by completing the following objectives:
- To provide for spiritual growth and development.
- To enhance self-esteem by developing a sense of acceptance and self-worth.
- To provide a healthy and secure living environment within the context of a Christian setting.
- To provide guidance and direction in areas of career, education, and vocation.
- To encourage abstinence from any substance, activity, or behavior that is physically, spiritually, or emotionally damaging.
- To foster financial independence and security.
- To teach parenting skills so as to enhance the mother/child relationship.
- To inform young women concerning adoption options and to encourage careful consideration of these options.
- To develop life skills which include the areas of homemaking, decision-making, and stress management.
- To foster responsibility and maturity necessary to maintain independent living and to develop a community support system.
- To provide opportunities for healthy recreation, entertainment, and creative self-expression.